Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation
The DEMEC Communications Internship is an exciting opportunity for a college student or recent graduate to gain experience developing communications and outreach campaigns, planning events, and creating graphics for social media and publications for a not-for-profit organization. DEMEC is a wholesale electric provider and Joint Action Agency for eight municipal members.
This part-time, paid internship is open to college students and recent graduates with a record of academic excellence and a strong interest in public service. Position is located at the DEMEC Administrative Offices in Smyrna, DE.
- Work closely with staff on various DEMEC publications, outreach materials, and graphics.
- Assist with development of new communications and marketing materials for DEMEC programs, trainings, and services.
- Work with communications staff on social media materials for member use.
- Design multimedia communications, including video and still photography, for use online and in print.
- Assist with the preparation and planning for DEMEC training and events.
- Perform general administrative support and other duties as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled at an accredited four-year college or university as a junior or senior with a minimum of a 3.0 GPA or a recent graduate.
- Must have demonstrated skills in marketing, communications, and/or graphic design.
- Must possess excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills.
- Has a good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative software.
- Working knowledge of Canva and/or Constant Contact preferred.
- Must be self-motivated, hard-working, and well-organized.
- Must have reliable transportation and schedule to accommodate 12-20 hours per week for internship. Spring Term: March 7th through May 27th
How to Apply: To be considered for an internship, applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, one letter of recommendation, and a writing (500 word max) or graphic design sample. Please submit all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for Applications: January 31, 2022
The office is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex color, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.