Located just off I-95, Newark, Delaware provides quality services for all who live, work, learn or visit in the state’s third largest city. Known for its abundance of open spaces, including Rittenhouse Park and White Clay Creek State Park, Newark supports healthy living as a walkable, bikeable community with 17 miles of trails. Home to the University of Delaware, Newark is economically strong with a vibrant, diverse community focused as much on innovation as historic preservation. The City’s commitment to service excellence is second to none.
The City of Newark offers municipal services including electric, water, and sewer. Offering green energy opportunities through grants and Community Solar, as the local electric utility, Newark is there for residents focused on adopting cleaner energy options. As a municipal utility, Newark is governed by the officials the community elects as representatives on City Council. Meetings are open and streamed live online.
- Population (2018 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 33,858
- Businesses include: University of Delaware, GE Aviation, Gore, Dupont and Chemours
- Renewable Energy Projects: McKees Solar Park (230 kilowatts)
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org/newark-delaware
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of Newark’s electric utility & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the City of Newark click here or call 302-366-7000.