Located at the border of Kent and Sussex Counties, Milford, Delaware is one of the fastest growing cities in the state. Thriving in commerce, culture, and community, Milford is committed to its residents’ quality of life. Known as a River Town, Art Town, and Home Town Milford offers residents, visitors, and businesses a diverse community. Milford’s downtown is a destination for dining, shopping at galleries and unique stores, and the seasonal farmer’s market, one reason Walnut Street was named one of the Top 10 Great Streets in the United States by the American Planning Association.
The City of Milford takes a proactive approach to building, owning, and maintaining its electric infrastructure. As a municipally-owned electric system, it provides reliable service at a competitively low cost. Currently, the city is upgrading to an advanced metering system to provide an even better quality of service to its customers.
Youth attend the Milford School District for their education. For additional training and learning, Milford is located just 20 miles from several colleges and universities. Whether you are looking to open a business, raise a family, or retire, opportunity is waiting for you in Milford.
- Population (2019 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 11,353
- Businesses include: Perdue Farms, US Cold Storage, Dentsply Sirona, Seawatch, and Bayhealth Hospital-Sussex Campus
- Renewable Energy Projects: Milford Solar Park (15 megawatts)
- National Utility Awards: Gold Level Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3) Designation
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org/milford-delaware
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of Milford’s electric utility & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the City of Milford click here or call 302-422-6616.