Located in Sussex County along the Nanticoke River, Seaford, Delaware provides unique economic development and living opportunities. Situated along Route 13, Seaford has a central position on the Delmarva Peninsula that makes it an important trade center and convenience to both large cities and seashore resorts. Seaford’s convenient location makes it a center for logistics businesses such as Trinity Logistics, FedEx and Carload Express and manufacturing facilities that serve the Delmarva peninsula and beyond.
The City of Seaford is quickly growing as more people and businesses choose to locate there. As a public power utility, Seaford owns and maintains its electric distribution system. All matters related to the utility are decided on a local level through the locally elected City Council. As a not-for-profit utility, Seaford puts the customer first.
Local students receive education from the Seaford School District. Seaford has more than 500 retail stores and service-related businesses, a stable and respected local government, and diverse residential developments.
Whether its business or pleasure, your child’s education or your retirement, Seaford has what you are looking for, making them…The Perfect Place To Start!
- Population (2022 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 8,516
- Businesses include: Craig Technologies, Flow Smart, Orient Chemical, Trinity Logistics, ES Steel and Nanticoke Memorial Hospital
- Renewable Energy Projects: Solar facility to power the City’s 2.0 MGD Waste Water Treatment Facility (688 kilowatts)
- National Utility Awards: Gold Level Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3) Designation, Excellence in Reliability Award, and Safety Award of Excellence from the American Public Power Association (APPA)
- Residential Customer Energy Savings Tools
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org/seaford-delaware
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of Seaford’s electric utility & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the City of Seaford click here or call 302-629-9173.