DEMEC was incorporated in 1979 as a public corporation constituted as a Joint Action Agency and a wholesale electric utility. DEMEC represents and serves municipal electric distribution utilities located in the State of Delaware.
DEMEC Members consist of (from North to South):
- City of Newark
- MSC of the City of New Castle
- Town of Middletown
- Town of Clayton
- Town of Smyrna
- City of Milford
- Lewes Board of Public Works
- City of Seaford
Collectively, they serve over 99,000 residents and businesses in their communities. In total, DEMEC’s Members have a peak load over 300 megawatts. DEMEC is a generation owner and the PJM Load Serving Entity (“LSE”) for its municipal member utilities and provides 100% of their wholesale power supply requirements.
Mission & Vision
Mission: To support our members’ success and relevance, DEMEC delivers excellence in competitive, reliable, sustainable power supply and innovative services, advancing the benefits of community-owned utilities.
Vision: Be a leading joint action agency providing competitive, reliable, and sustainable power supply while pursuing opportunities that increase the overall value to DEMEC’s membership.
Social Media Comment Policy
While we do not discriminate against views or opinions posted to our social networking accounts, we reserve the right to remove or not approve any comment. A comment will not be edited or modified to remove unacceptable content; the entire comment will simply be deleted. Some of the reasons we may remove or not approve a comment are listed below:
- Abusive, vulgar, obscene, racist, threatening, or harassing comments.
- Libel, slander, or personal attacks of any kind, including the use of offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
- Spam, including content that promotes products or services or contains gratuitous links.
- Makes unsupported accusations.
- Comments that suggest or encourage illegal, dangerous, or destructive activity.
- Duplicate posts.
- Clearly off topic.
- Political campaigning or lobbying.