The historic, riverfront community of New Castle, Delaware is located in New Castle County just six miles south of Wilmington along the Delaware River. New Castle is a historic town where people live and work. Each house reflects the individuality of its past and present owners. New Castle was named a National Landmark Historic Area.
This picturesque city maintains its electric and water services through the Municipal Services Commission (MSC) of the City of New Castle. As a public power utility, the decisions are made by locally appointed Commissioners. Providing reliable service at the lowest possible cost is top priority.
Local students receive education from the Colonial School District. Additional places of learning within the community include St. Peter Catholic School and the Charter School of New Castle.
With beautiful outdoor recreational space like Battery Park, easy access from I-95 and I-295, and business-friendly services like expedited permitting and reliable electric service, New Castle has a lot to offer.
- Population (2019 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 5,529
- Businesses include: Zenith Products Corp., TA Instruments, Amazon, Burris Logistics, and Tesla Industries
- Renewable Energy Projects: utility-owned solar facility (29 kilowatts)
- National Utility Awards: eReliability Certificate of Excellence from the American Public Power Association (APPA)
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org/new-castle-delaware
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of the MSC of the City of New Castle & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the City of New Castle click here or call 302-322-9801.
To learn more about the MSC of the City of New Castle click here or call 302-323-2330.