Located in both Kent and New Castle County, Smyrna, Delaware is easily accessible from Delaware major highways including Route 1 and Route 13. Filled with historic structures, local parks, and a thriving business community, Smyrna has the total package. Proud home of the Smyrna School District, Smyrna encourages growing through education.
The Town of Smyrna operates a municipal electric distribution system, as well as a water and sewer utility. Municipally owned utilities allow citizens a direct hand in their operations. Town Council makes decisions on the utility based upon the voice of the community. There are great benefits in having a local utility serving the local people, such as local police protection, parks and recreation programs, and responsive services.
The preferred location for large and small businesses, residents have everything they need in one place in Smyrna.
- Population (2022 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 13,294
- Businesses include: Walmart Distribution Center, Albertson, Inc., Smyrna Health and Wellness Center, and the Bayhealth Emergency Center
- Renewable Energy Projects: Smyrna Solar Park (1.5 megawatts)
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org/smyrna-delaware
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of Smyrna’s electric utility & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the Town of Smyrna click here or call (302) 653-9231.