Primely located in Kent and New Castle counties, the small town of Clayton, Delaware is the perfect location for residents and businesses alike. Situated just minutes off Route 1 and Route 13 makes traveling a breeze. Proud of its rich railroad history, Clayton served as a railroad transportation hub from the 1850’s – 1950’s.
The Town of Clayton is a public power community, providing hometown electric to its customers. They maintain all distribution lines and provide related electric services. As a locally owned electric utility, they work with you and for you to better the community. As a member of a joint action agency, they are able to maintain reliable power at a competitive price.
Youth in the community receive their education through the Smyrna School District. Clayton is also proud to host First State Military Academy, open to students throughout the state. Quality of life and pride in the community are top priorities for the Town.
- Population (2022 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 3,991
- Businesses include: Schwan’s Shared Services, Atlantic Tractor, and Southern States
- Renewable Energy Projects: Solar installation on Clayton Fire Company (4 kilowatts)
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org/clayton-delaware
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of Clayton’s electric utility & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the Town of Clayton click here or call 302-653-8419.