City of Seaford Begins Smart Meter Installations
The City of Seaford is upgrading to better serve you, their customers! They are upgrading the current meter infrastructure with advanced meters, enabling them to deploy a host of services to their customers, while enhancing power quality and reliability. Advanced meters help improve the way we do business, making our delivery system smarter and more accurate. Most importantly, these meters provide customers near real-time information on usage data to help take control over their energy use and help manage their energy bills-at no additional cost.
- GREATER CONVENIENCE – Because advanced meters use a wireless network to transmit usage information, meter readers no longer need to enter a customer’s property to read a meter.
- IMPROVED POWER QUALITY AND RELIABILITY – Advanced meters are capable of communicating data that notifies us when an outage or water leak has occurred and where the problem may be located. This improves our response time and how long a customer is without service.
- ENHANCED CUSTOMER SERVICE – Advanced meters provide online access to near real-time usage data to help manage costs. Plus, we can respond faster to either starting or stopping service.
- MORE ACCURATE BILLING – We are better able to manage our business by providing more accurate and efficient billing. In the future, this can open the door to new programs that benefit the customer, such as real-time pricing and pre-paid services.
- MANUAL METER READING-A meter reader has to enter your property to read the meter.
- USAGE DATA EVERY 30 DAYS-Customers receive information on their usage once a month and after the fact, making it difficult to manage their bills.
- TRADITIONAL RESTORATION-Visual inspection to determine location and cause of outage.
- SERVICE REQUESTS-Requests to stop or start service would take several days to complete.
- REMOTE METER READING-Usage data is sent over a secure wireless network to the utility, providing more accurate information.
- USAGE DATA NEAR REAL-TIME-Customers will receive timely information on their energy usage, helping them make better decisions that can lower their costs.
- IMPROVED RESTORATION-Visual inspection to determine location and cause of outage.
- IMMEDIATE SERVICE-Requests to stop or start service can be done faster due to remote capabilities.