Directly off of Route 299 and minutes off of Delaware’s two major highways, Route 1 and Route 13, you will find Middletown, Delaware. Located in the southern part of New Castle County, Middletown is growing at a rapid pace. Just 24 miles south of Wilmington and 28 miles north of Dover, Middletown has close access to anything you may need.
Proud to have a community-owned utility, the town maintains dependable electric service through prudent maintenance of distribution lines. To accommodate Middletown’s growth and reassure continued reliability, the Town of Middletown is adding a second transmission line feed into the community. The Town provides the best quality service at the most economical price while giving back to the community.
Education is available through the Appoquinimink School District. For advanced schooling, Middletown is perfectly located within 30 minutes of most of Delaware’s colleges and universities.
- Population (2018 US Census Bureau Population Estimate): 21,897
- Businesses include: Johnson Controls, Amazon.com, Encompass Health, Christiana Care, and Datwyler
- Renewable Energy Projects: ground solar at Bunker Hill Elementary
- Energy Efficiency Program: Efficiency Smart www.efficiencysmart.org
- Benefits consumers, small businesses, and large commercial customers
- Free service
- Extension of Middletown’s electric utility & DEMEC
- Helps customers lower their electric bills and take control of their energy usage
- Provides free technical analysis for businesses to help determine the most cost effective options
- Vendor neutral program – allows businesses to maintain vendor contracts for equipment/services
For more information on the Town of Middletown click here or call 302-378-2711.